REPORTING PRO BONO and COMMUNITY SERVICE HOURS
Beginning November 1, 2014
Pro bono and community service reporting is now set up through your member login on the NFPA website.
1. Go to the NFPA website ( www.paralegals.org )
2. Sign in with your email and password
3. Once logged in, go to the Pro Bono tab and select “Reporting Pro Bono and Community Service Hours”
4. The form will auto fill your name and individual information that was provided to NFPA by your local association.
5. Complete the form and submit.
The reporting period will remain July 1st through June 30th. Please report pro bono hours on a quarterly basis so that the NFPA Liaison to the ABA can share your service hours and projects with the ABA.
You must complete a form for each entity where you volunteer for Pro Bono or Community Service.
You need to complete a form for Pro Bono hours and a form for Community Service hours. (even if completed at same agency)
NFPA’s Model Code of Ethics and Professional Responsibility and Guidelines for reinforcement state that:
EC-1.4(d) A paralegal should aspire annually to contribute twenty-four (24) hours of Pro Bono Publico services . . . .
EC-1.4(e) A paralegal should aspire to contribute twenty-four (24) hours of Community Service on an annual basis.