KPA 44th Annual Meeting & Seminar
- Due to safety and social distancing concerns, the 2021 Annual Meeting & Seminar will be held in a virtual format and hosted on Zoom.
8:00-9:oo KPA 44th Annual Membership Meeting
9:00-10:00 Workshop #1 - A Paralegal’s Guide to the Kansas Federal Court System, presented by Chasity Schoonover, Operations Administrator and Karen O’Keefe, Operations Analyst for the U.S. District Court, District of Kansas
10:00-10:20 Break - Vendor Session
10:20-11:20 Workshop #2 - A Paralegal’s Guide to the Kansas Court of Appeals, presented by Doug Shima, Clerk, Kansas Court of Appeals
11:20-11:40 Break - Vendor Session
11:40-12:40 Keynote Speaker - Implicit Bias and the Law, presented by Tom Stephenson, ILAP, NFPA Vice-President & Director of Membership (*1 Hour of Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity Ethics Credit)
12:40-1:00 Presentation to Seminar Charity, Presentation of Awards, Induction of New Board Members
1:00-1:20 Break - Vendor Session
1:30-2:30 Workshop #3 - A Paralegal’s Guide to the Municipal Court System, presented by The Honorable Judge Karan Thadani, Administrative Judge, City of Topeka Municipal Court
2:30-2:50 Break - Vendor Session
2:50-3:50 Workshop #4 - A Paralegal’s Guide to the Kansas District Court E-Filing System, presented by Karen Braun, Office of Judicial Administration
4:00-5:00 Social Hour
- The event will open with the Annual Meeting of the current Membership of the Kansas Paralegal Association. Only current KPA members are permitted to attend the Annual Meeting.
- Full day registration includes 5 CLE sessions
- Half day registration includes 3 CLE sessions
- CLE credit through the National Federation of Paralegal Associations (NFPA) is pending - including 1 Diversity, Inclusion & Equity Ethics credit. CLE certificates will be distributed after conclusion of the event.
- Payment can be made by debit or credit card via the website, or by check payable to the Kansas Paralegal Association and mailed to KPA at P.O. Box 1902, Topeka, KS 66601.
ZOOM LINKS AND LOG INS:
- Webinar Links, Log Ins, Speaker Materials, and other event information will be provided in a separate e-mail to each registered attendee the Monday prior to the seminar (Monday, June 14th, 2021).
VIRTUAL SOCIAL HOUR & DOOR PRIZES:
- The virtual social hour and door prize drawings will be held from 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM. You must be present on the Zoom chat to win door prizes!
During the Seminar registration process, there is an option to also make a monetary donation to our Annual Seminar Charity - HUGGSS Away From Home Foundation. Please consider making a donation to this very worthy organization.
KPA will send all donations collected during the registration process to HUGGSS for them to purchase the items they most need in order to fulfill their mission.