KPA 45th Annual Meeting & Seminar
- Due to safety and social distancing concerns, the 2022 Annual Meeting & Seminar will be held in a virtual format and hosted on Zoom.
8:00-9:oo KPA 45th Annual Membership Meeting
9:00-10:00 Workshop #1 - A Paralegal’s Guide to HIPAA, presented by Amanda Wilwert and Gabriella Grause, Foulston Siefkin, LLP
10:00-10:20 Break - Vendor Session
10:20-11:20 Workshop #2 - Current Issues and Trends in Estate Planning, presented by Emily Donaldson, Stevens & Brand LLP
11:20-11:40 Break - Vendor Session
11:40-12:40 Keynote Speaker - An Introduction to Trans Advocacy, presented by Ellen Bertels and Tori Gleason (*1 Hour of Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity Ethics Credit)
12:40-1:00 Presentation of Awards, Induction of New Board Members
1:00-1:20 Break - Vendor Session
1:30-2:30 Workshop #3 - An Overview of Cryptocurrencies and NFTs, presented by O. Joseph Balthazor and Seungwon Chung, Taft Law
2:30-2:50 Break - Vendor Session
2:50-3:50 Workshop #4 - A Paralegal's Guide to eDiscovery and ESI, presented by Aaron Bath, Global Director of Litigation & Legal Operations, Balfour Beatty
4:00-5:00 Social Hour
- The event will open with the Annual Meeting of the current Membership of the Kansas Paralegal Association. Only current KPA members are permitted to attend the Annual Meeting.
- Full day registration includes 5 CLE sessions
- Half day registration includes 3 CLE sessions
- CLE credit through the National Federation of Paralegal Associations (NFPA) is pending - including 1 Diversity, Inclusion, & Equity Ethics credit. CLE certificates will be distributed after conclusion of the event.
- Payment can be made by debit or credit card via the website, or by check payable to the Kansas Paralegal Association and mailed to KPA at P.O. Box 1902, Topeka, KS 66601.
ZOOM LINKS AND LOG INS:
- Webinar Links, Log Ins, Speaker Materials, and other event information will be provided in a separate e-mail to each registered attendee the Monday prior to the seminar (Monday, June 13th, 2022).
VIRTUAL SOCIAL HOUR & DOOR PRIZES:
- The virtual social hour and door prize drawings will be held from 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM. You must be present on the Zoom chat to win door prizes!