KPA 46th Annual Meeting & Seminar
- The 2023 Annual Meeting & Seminar will be held in a virtual format and hosted on Zoom.
8:00-9:oo KPA 46th Annual Membership Meeting (Members Only - separate registration required)
9:00-10:00 Workshop #1 - An Overview and Refresher on Discovery, presented by Stephen Lanterman, Sloan Law Office
10:00-10:20 Break - Vendor Session
10:20-11:20 Workshop #2 - Dispute Resolution and Mediation, presented by Larry R. Rute, Associates in Dispute Resolution, LLC
11:20-11:40 Break - Vendor Session
11:40-12:40 Keynote Speaker - Paralegal Ethics Refresher, presented by Stan Hazlett, Stevens & Brand, LLC (*1 Hour of Ethics Credit)
12:40-1:00 Presentation of Awards, Induction of New Board Members
1:00-1:20 Break - Vendor Session
1:30-2:30 Workshop #3 - Trial Prep for Paralegals - What to Expect When You're Expecting... A Trial, presented by Candy Ryan, CRP, BA, Senior Litigation Paralegal, The Silvera Firm
2:30-2:50 Break - Vendor Session
2:50-3:50 Workshop #4 - Implementing Olmstead: The Rights of Persons in Institutions under the ADA, presented by Lane Williams, Disability Rights Center of Kansas
4:00-5:00 Social Hour
- The event will open with the Annual Meeting of the current Membership of the Kansas Paralegal Association. Only current KPA members are permitted to attend the Annual Meeting. Separate registration and zoom link.
- Full day registration includes 5 CLE sessions
- Half day registration includes 3 CLE sessions
- CLE credit through the National Federation of Paralegal Associations (NFPA) is pending - including 1 Ethics credit. CLE certificates will be distributed after conclusion of the event.
- Payment can be made by debit or credit card via the website, or by check payable to the Kansas Paralegal Association and mailed to KPA at P.O. Box 1902, Topeka, KS 66601.
ZOOM LINKS AND LOG INS:
- Webinar Links, Log Ins, Speaker Materials, and other event information will be provided in a separate e-mail to each registered attendee the Monday prior to the seminar (Monday, June 12th, 2023).
VIRTUAL SOCIAL HOUR & DOOR PRIZES:
- The virtual social hour and door prize drawings will be held from 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM. You must be present on the Zoom chat to win door prizes!